Other Electronic Resources
Al-Hindi, Musa, Aliens in Ein Al-Helweh, Al-Ahram Weekly , 11-17 September 2003.
Al Natour, Souheil, The Legal Status of Palestinians in Lebanon, Journal of Refugee Studies, Vol. 10 no 3, 1997.
Amnesty International, Economic and Social Rights of Palestinian Refugees, December 2003, AI Index MDE: 18/017/2003.
Palestinian Refugees: A Legacy of Shame, March 2004.
Lebanon Limitations on Rights of Palestinian Refugee Children , Briefing to the Committee on the Rights of Child, April 2006.
Bolesta, Andrezj, Socio-Economic conditions of Palestinian Refugees in Jordan, Syria and Lebanon, Tiger Working Papers, No. 35, 2002.
CEPAL, Refugees in Lebanon.
Christoff, Stefan, Living War: Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon, Zmag, January 2004,
From Montreal to Ein El Helweh: Deportation, Destitution and Dignity, Beirut Indymedia.
Danish Refugee Council, Survey Report on the Situation of Non-ID Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon, March 2005.
Da Silva, Marina, Lebanon, the other Palestinians, Le Monde Diplomatique, July 2006.
European Commission Humanitarian Office, Palestinian Territories: Solidarity with the Victims
El Khazen, Farid, Permanent Settlement of Palestinians in Lebanon: A Recipe for Conflict Journal of Refugee Studies, Vol. 10, No. 3 1997.
EMHRN Mission, Refugees also have rights! Palestinian refugees in Lebanon and Jordan , 17 - 28 September, 2000.
El Sayed Ali, Sherif, Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon, Forced Migration Review, Issue 26, August 2006.
FIDH - International Federation for Human Rights Lebanon: Palestinian refugees: systematic discrimination and complete lack of interest on the part of the international community, March 2003.
Frontiers Association, Falling through the Cracks: Legal and Practical gaps in Palestinian Refugee Status Determination, December 2005.
Gambill, Gary, Ain El Hilweh: Lebanons Zone of Unlaw, Middle East Intelligence Unit, Vol. 5 no 6, June 2003.
Habitat International Coalition/National Institution for Social Care and Vocational Training, Institutionalised Discrimination against Palestinians in Lebanon, Report Submitted to the UN Committee on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, March 2004.
Haddad, Simon, The Palestinian Predicament in Lebanon
Halabi, Zeina, Exclusion and Identity in Lebanons refugee camps: a story of sustained conflict , Environment and Urbanization, vol. 16 no 2, October 2004.
Human Rights Watch, Policy on the Right of Return - Treatment and Rights in Arab Host Countries
IDMC, Profile of Internal Displacement in Lebanon, Norwegian Refugee Council, August 2004, with updates.
IDMC, Lebanon: Displaced return amidst growing political tension, December 2006.
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Lebanon: Palestine Red Crescent Society: Annual Report 2002
Jabri, Ahmed, A Refugee is a Refugee: 50 years of excluding Palestinians from International Protection, USCRI.
Jacobson, Laurie Blome, The Material and Social Infrastructure, and Environmental Conditions of Refugee Camps and Gatherings in Lebanon, FAFO, 2004.
Khashan, Hisham, Palestinian Resettlement in Lebanon: Beyond the debate, The American University in Beirut,
Knudsen, Are, Islamism in the diaspora: Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon, Chr. Michelsen Institute, Working Paper 2003: 10.
Lynch, Maureen, The Plight of Palestinians in Lebanon, Refugees International, 2002.
Moorhead, Caroline, Adaf: a Palestinian in Lebanon, Open Democracy, 16 -12, 2002
Murphy, Kara, The Lebanese Crisis and Its Impact on Immigrants and Refugees, September 2006, Migration Policy Institute
Peteet, Julie, Lebanon: Palestinian refugees is post-war period), Le Monde Diplomatique.
Petrigh, Cynthia, No Freedom, No Future: undocumented Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, Forced Migration Review, Issue 26, August 2006
Raffonelli, Lisa, With Palestine, Against Palestinians: the Warehousing of Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon , USCRI World Refugee Survey 2004
Refugees International, The Plight of Palestinians in Lebanon
Response International, Mental Health assessment in Palestinian Refugee Camps in Lebanon, September 2005.
Said, Wadie, The Status of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, May 2000.
Stateless and Deported - Coalition against the Deportation of Palestinian Refugees, Persecution faced by Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon
Sayigh, Rosemary, A Right of Return, Al-Ahram Weekly, 1998.
Shepherd, Stuart, Health and Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon, CAABU Annual Report, February 2001.
Suleiman, Jaber, Marginalised Community: The case of Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon , Development Research Centre on Migration, Globalization and Poverty, April 2006.
Electronic General Security, Passports and entry permits for Palestinian refugees in Lebanon
Thompson, Peggy, Sabra and Shatila: the Forgotten Massacres, Counterpunch, September 2002.
Tiltnes, Age, Falling behind: A Brief on the Living Conditions of Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon, FAFO, 2005.
Ugland, Ole (Ed), Difficult Past, Uncertain Future: Living Conditions among Palestinian Refugees in Camps and Gatherings in Lebanon. FAFO, 2000.
UNRWA, The Situation of Palestine Refugees in South Lebanon, August 2006.
USCRI, World Survey: Lebanon , 2005.
Young, Michael, Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: Worthwhile Steps before Final Settlement , Journal of Turkish Weekly Opinion, April 2005.
Zeidan, Ali M., Environmental Conditions in Palestinian Camps in Lebanon: A Case Study , CEPAL, September 1999.
Non-electronic resources and bibliography
- Al Natour, S.,Awdaa Al-shaab Al-filistini fi LibnanAwdaa Al-shaab Al-filistini fi Libnan (The Legal Situation of Palestinians in Lebanon) (Dar Al Takadom Al Arabi, 1993).
- Ang, S.,From Beirut to Jerusalem: A Woman Doctor with the PalestiniansFrom Beirut to Jerusalem: A Woman Doctor with the Palestinians (London, Collins, 1989).
- Arab Institute for Studies and Research,The Lebanese Crisis: its origins, developments and different dimensionsThe Lebanese Crisis: its origins, developments and different dimensions (1978).
- Aruri, N., (ed.)Palestinian Refugees: The Right of ReturnPalestinian Refugees: The Right of Return (Pluto Press, London: Sterling, Virginia, 2001)
- Avi-Ran, R.The Syrian involvement in Lebanon since 1975The Syrian involvement in Lebanon since 1975 (Westview Press, Boulder, San Francisco, Oxford, 1991)
- Barakat, H., (ed.)Toward a Viable LebanonToward a Viable Lebanon (Croom Helm, London, Sydney, 1988)
- Brynen, Rex,Sanctuary and Survival: the PLO in LebanonSanctuary and Survival: the PLO in Lebanon (Boulder: Westview Press, 1990)
- Bulloch, J.,Death of a Country: The Civil War in LebanonDeath of a Country: The Civil War in Lebanon (London, Weidenfeld and Nocolson, 1977)
- Chomsky, Noam,The Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel and the PalestiniansThe Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel and the Palestinians (Boston: South End Press, 1983)
- Cobban, Helena,The Making of Modern LebanonThe Making of Modern Lebanon (London, Hutchinson, 1985)
- Cotran, E. & Karmi, G., (eds.)The Palestinian Exodus: 1948 - 1998The Palestinian Exodus: 1948 - 1998 (London: Ithaca Press, 2000)
- Cutting, P.,Children of the SiegeChildren of the Siege (London, Heinemann, 1988).
- Dawisha, A.,Syria and the Lebanese CrisisSyria and the Lebanese Crisis (London, Macmillan, 1988).
- Dumper, Michael,Palestinian Refugee RepatriationPalestinian Refugee Repatriation (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics: 2006).
- Edminster, S.,Trapped on all Sides: the Marginalization of Palestinian RefugeesTrapped on all Sides: the Marginalization of Palestinian Refugees (U.S. Committee for Refugees, June 1999)
- Fisk, Robert,Pity the Nation: Lebanon at WarPity the Nation: Lebanon at War (London, Andre Deutsch, 1990)
- Giannou, C.,Besieged: A Doctors Story of Life and Death in BeirutBesieged: A Doctors Story of Life and Death in Beirut (London, Bloomsbury, 1991)
- Gilmour, D.,Lebanon: The Fractured CountryLebanon: The Fractured Country (London, Sphere Books, 1983)
- Dispossessed: The Ordeal of the Palestinians, 1917 - 1980Dispossessed: The Ordeal of the Palestinians, 1917 - 1980, (London, Sidgwick and Jackson: 1980)
- Gresh, A.,The PLO: The Struggle WithinThe PLO: The Struggle Within (London, Zed Books, 1985).
- Hagopian, E., (ed.)Amal and the Palestinians: Understanding the Battle of the CampsAmal and the Palestinians: Understanding the Battle of the Camps (Belmont, MA, AAUG, 1985).
- Haley, E. & Snider, L., (eds.)Lebanon in Crisis: Participants and IssuesLebanon in Crisis: Participants and Issues (New York, Syracuse University Press, 1979).
- Haddad, Simon,The Palestinian Impasse in Lebanon: The Politics of Refugee IntegrationThe Palestinian Impasse in Lebanon: The Politics of Refugee Integration, (Sussex Academic Press: 2003).
- Howe, Marvine, 'Palestinians in Lebanon',Middle East Policy CouncilMiddle East Policy Council, Volume XII, winter 2005, Number 4.
- Huwaidi, Ali,Al Muhajaroon Al Filistenyoon fi LibananAl Muhajaroon Al Filistenyoon fi Libanan (The Displaced Palestinians in Lebanon - the bitterness of refuge and tragedies of migration), field study 2004, (Palestinian Return Centre, London: 2006)
- Journal of Refugee StudiesJournal of Refugee Studies, Special Edition: Palestinians in Lebanon, Vol. 10, Issue 3, September (Oxford University Press, 1997).
- Kapeliouk, A.,Sabra and Shatila: Inquiry into a MassacreSabra and Shatila: Inquiry into a Massacre (Belmont MA: AUG, 1984).
- Katz, S.,Armies in Lebanon: 1982 - 84Armies in Lebanon: 1982 - 84 (London, Osprey, 1985).
- Khalidi, M. A. 'Palestinian refugees in Lebanon 2001'Report of the Institute for Palestine StudiesReport of the Institute for Palestine Studies (Beirut, 2001).
- Khalidi, R.,Under Siege: PLO Decision Making During the 1982 WarUnder Siege: PLO Decision Making During the 1982 War (Columbia University Press, 1986).
- Khalidi, W.,Conflict and Violence in Lebanon: Confrontation in the Middle EastConflict and Violence in Lebanon: Confrontation in the Middle East (Harvard University: Harvard Center for International Affairs, 1979).
- Kishli, M.,Al-Azma al-Lubnaneya wa al-wujood al-FilisteeniAl-Azma al-Lubnaneya wa al-wujood al-Filisteeni (The Lebanese Crises and the Palestinian Presence) (Beirut, Dar Ibn Khaldoon, 1980).
- Morris, B., 'The Initial Absorption of the Palestinian Refugees in the Arab Host Countries, 1948 - 49', in A. Bramwell (ed.)Refugees in the Age of Total WarRefugees in the Age of Total War (London, Unwin Hyman, 1988).
- Morra, Rafaat Fahd, 'Guide to the Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon', (Arabic), field study 2006, thePalestinian Return CentrePalestinian Return Centre, London.
- Moughrabi, F. & Aruri, N., (eds.)Lebanon: Crisis and Challenge in the Arab WorldLebanon: Crisis and Challenge in the Arab World (Detroit: AAUG, 1977).
- Nazzal, N.,The Palestinian Exodus from Galilee, 1948The Palestinian Exodus from Galilee, 1948 (Beirut: Institute for Palestine Studies, 1978).
- Norton, A.,Amal and the Shi'a: Struggle for the Soul of LebanonAmal and the Shi'a: Struggle for the Soul of Lebanon (Austin, University of Texas Press, 1987)
- O'Ballance, E.,Civil War in Lebanon 1975 - 92Civil War in Lebanon 1975 - 92 (Macmillan Press Ltd. London, 1998)
- Odeh, B.,Lebanon: Dynamics of ConflictLebanon: Dynamics of Conflict (London, Zed Books, 1985),
- Owen, R., (ed.)Essays on the Crisis in LebanonEssays on the Crisis in Lebanon (London, Ithaca Press, 1976).
- Peteet, J.,Gender in Crisis: Women and the Palestinian Resistance MovementGender in Crisis: Women and the Palestinian Resistance Movement (New York, Columbia University Press, 1991).
- Landscape of Hope and Despair: Palestinian Refugee CampsLandscape of Hope and Despair: Palestinian Refugee Camps, (University of Pennsylvania Press: 2005).
- Petran, T.,The Struggle over LebanonThe Struggle over Lebanon (New York: Monthly Review Press, 1987).
- Rabinovitch, I.,The War for Lebanon 1970 - 85The War for Lebanon 1970 - 85 (Ithaca NY, Cornell University Press, 1985).
- Randall, J.,Going All the Way: Christian Warlords, Israeli Adventurers, and the War in LebanonGoing All the Way: Christian Warlords, Israeli Adventurers, and the War in Lebanon (New York, Viking Press, 1983).
- Rokash, L.,Israel's Sacred TerrorismIsrael's Sacred Terrorism (Belmont MA: AAUG, 1980).
- Salam, Nawaf, 'Between Repatriation and Resettlement: Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon',Journal of Palestine StudiesJournal of Palestine Studies, Vol. 24, No. 1 (Autumn, 1994), pp. 18-27
- Salem, Elie,Violence and Diplomacy in Lebanon: The Troubled Years, 1982 - 1988Violence and Diplomacy in Lebanon: The Troubled Years, 1982 - 1988 (I.B. Tauris, London, New York, 1995).
- Salibi, K.,Crossroads to Civil WarCrossroads to Civil War (New York, Caravan Books, 1976).
- Sayigh, Rosemary,Palestinians: From Peasants to RevolutionariesPalestinians: From Peasants to Revolutionaries (London, Zed Books, 1979)
- Too Many Enemies: The Palestinian Experience in LebanonToo Many Enemies: The Palestinian Experience in Lebanon (London, Zed Books, 1994)
- Sayigh, Yezid,Armed Struggle and the Search for State: The Palestinian National Movement, 1949 - 1993Armed Struggle and the Search for State: The Palestinian National Movement, 1949 - 1993 (Institute for Palestine Studies, Washington D.C. 1997)
- Schiff, B.,Refugees unto the Third Generation: UN Aid to PalestiniansRefugees unto the Third Generation: UN Aid to Palestinians (Syracuse University Press, New York, 1995)
- Suleiman, Jaber, 'The Current Political, Organizational, and Security Situation in the Palestinian Refugee Camps of Lebanon'Journal of Palestine StudiesJournal of Palestine Studies, xxix, no. 1 (Autumn 1999)
- TEAM International,The Palestinian Labour Force in LebanonThe Palestinian Labour Force in Lebanon (Beirut, TEAM, 1983)
- Turki, Fawaz,The DisinheritedThe Disinherited (Monthly Review Press, New York, London, 1974)
- Soul in Exile: Lives of a Palestinian RevolutionarySoul in Exile: Lives of a Palestinian Revolutionary (Monthly Review Press, New York, 1988).
- UNRWA-Lebanon, 'The Latest Development in the Living Conditions of Palestine Refugees in Lebanon', Conference on the Palestinian Refugee Issue, Al Quds University, Jerusalem, 25 November 2006.
- Awdat al Mujahereen al Filistenieen fi LubnanAwdat al Mujahereen al Filistenieen fi Lubnan (The Return of Lebanons Palestinian war-displaced) Workshop, Sidon, 22 March, 1990.
- Vocke, H.,The Lebanese War: Its Origins and Political DimensionsThe Lebanese War: Its Origins and Political Dimensions (Hurst, London, 1978).