Gender Against Men
Gender Against Men exposes the hidden world of sexual and gender-based violence against men in the conflicts of the Great Lakes Region. The film demonstrates how male identities are under attack and how rape when used as a weapon of war affects husbands, fathers, brothers and the community.
- Great Lakes, Resource Summary
- Rwanda, Research Guide, Murison, Jude, January 2003
- Sexual violence: weapon of war, impediment to peace, Resource Summary
Selected full-text documents (for more, search in the Digital Library)
- Gender-based Violence: Emerging Issues in Programs Serving Displaced Populations. Reproductive Health for Refugees Consortium, 2002.
- Gender-based Violence Tools Manual for Assessment & Program Design, Monitoring & Evaluation in conflict-affected settings. Reproductive Health for Refugees Consortium, 2004.
- Sexual and Gender-based Violence against Refugees, Returnees, and Internally Displaced Persons: Guidelines for Prevention and Response, UNHCR, 2003.
Selected web-based information resources (for more, search the FMO website)
- Beyond Juba Project
- Monitoring the return of IDPs in northern Uganda, Social Communications Department, Gulu Archdiocese & Conciliation Resources, 2008.
- Nobody is Immune: Gender Against Men, Press Release, Refugee Law Project (June 2009)
- Refugee Law Project (RLP)
- Forced Migration Online Moving Image Archive, Internet Archive