Ethiopian and Somali refugees in Kenya.txt
Refugees in Kenya
Refugees from Ethiopia
01. Victims of tribal conflict and drought: new arrivals at Gurar border point, near Moyale.
02. Many have walked up to 600 kms without food or water. Gurar border point, near Moyale.
03. Transfer of new arrivals to Walda camp.
04. View of Walda camp, situated some 70 kms from the Ethiopian border.
Refugees from Somalia
05. New arrivals are registered at Doble border point.
06. Many refugees, especially children, arrive in desperately poor condition and need
intensive care. Liboi camp.
07. A patient at Ifo camp's Ward for Severely Malnourished Children, run by Medecins sans
08. SLIDE MISSING - Refugee women must walk increasingly far to find firewood for preparing the family's meals.
09. Tents had to be installed to extend the capacity of Ifo camp.
10. Distribution of food rations to new arrivals at Dagahaley camp.
11. Waiting for the distribution of water: despite additional boreholes, it is not available
in sufficient quantities. Liboi camp.
12. Women and children make up more than two thirds of the camps' population. Ifo camp.
PLEASE CREDIT AS FOLLOWS:
UNHCR/B. Press: 01,02,03,08
UNHCR/P. Moumtzis: 04,05,07,10
UNHCR/T. Bolstad: 06,09,12
UNHCR/J. Stjerneklar: 11